Thursday, July 09, 2009

lash out



I confess that I am a total skeptic when it comes to all things instant. I mean, nothing in life should come that easy but we buy and buy from these cheesy info-mercials hoping to attain that instant high. My cousin, who shall remain nameless, loves her eyelashes. She uses two mascaras and tries to really get her eyelashes to va-va-va-voom. We go into Sephora, and P.S., we are on vacation and I am in Sephora, anyway, we go into Sephora and I ask the sales associate what the best eyelash curler they have is and it turns out to be this one. I still am a skeptic like usual. We get into Disneyland on the train to go to Tomorrowland. Mid-station, the cuz whips out the eyelash curler. In anticipation, I watch her curl the lashes that she adores and hope that the Jackson we spent on it was worth it. And, at last... she pulls it away. Beautifully curled lashes. Instantly. I was almost speechless... because of course, I always have something to say. I made it my life's mission to get the curler the very next day from the very same Sephora. I am now the proud momma of instant satisfaction.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, $19