Friday, August 21, 2009

eyes poppin

Okay, so I must admit that I was totally intrigued by this mascara, not becsause it is Givenchy (although that is pretty great) but because of the spherical brush resembling a morning star (sounds pretty but if you get hit with one you won't be too extatic). I mean, if you are like me, there is always a few lashes that you can't ever seem to reach and if you do you get mascara all over you cheek, nose, or eyelid... not a good look! When my husband decided that he wanted some CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) last night for dinner I was too excited. Don't get me wrong, I love CPK, but Sephora is just a hop, skip, and jump away (literally!) so I had to stop by to satisfy my curiousity (i guess it is a good thing i'm not a cat). I straight lined to the mascara section, it was a no go... disappointment! So I made my way to the Givenchy section... and there is was, satisfaction! Typically I go to Sephora and they are usually out of stock of the one item that I am really looking for but there it was in all its glory, could it be the twenty-eight dollar price tag? Maybe... but I can overlook it for the good of experimentation, of course. I also picked up a new Sephora by OPI nail polish entitled: "Don't Go There". I selected it by its name, after an electronic mail that I recieved from a woman who apparantly thinks she wears her husband's military rank (I got news for you sister, you don't... don't make me get Sheree to check you boo boo!). Fortunately, it will get me into the mood of autumn, with its purple matte finish!
Correlation to the Givenchy? Absolutely! They're both fabulous. I was too excited to test it out today so when the little one fell asleep I worked it out, and girl, I am a believer! I could reach every single lash and because the brush is firm I don't have to worry about my lashes clumped together (which drives me crazy). I swear, my lashes have never appeared so long. The mascara also remains plyable, so no matter how long it takes me to use my Shu Uemura eyelash curler, I can still get it girl. FIERCE! I highly recommend this mascara to anyone looking for one that truly fulfills all of its promises. I love it love it love it! I think that although you aren't supposed to splurge on mascara, this will be my one little exception, for now of course (lmao).

Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes mascara, $28